FAQ for Cloud Services Bulk Tender IDA(T)1050
Update: The submission deadline for the bulk tender has been extended to 27 Jan 2012 at 1600 hrs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Must the tenderer be a Singapore registered company?
Ans: Yes, the tenderer must be a company registered in Singapore. (ref: Part 4, Evaluation Criteria, clause 6.1)
2. Shall the cloud resources for Compute and Storage Services that the tenderer offers be situated in Singapore?
Ans: Yes, the resources for Compute and Storage Services that the tenderer offers, shall be situated in Singapore (ref: Part 2, Requirement Specifications, clause 3.1.1)
3. How will my proposal be evaluated?
Ans: Your submission will be evaluation as per “Evaluation Criteria” defined in Part 4 of the tender document.
4. Can I submit bids/proposals to both G-Cloud and this bulk tender?
Ans: Yes, you can submit your proposals to both tenders.
5. What kind of data will be hosted?
Ans: Cloud Services bulk tender is intended to host unclassified data only.
6. Is security certification such as ISO 27001 a mandatory requirement?
Ans: Though security certification is NOT a mandatory tender requirement, tenderers who have achieved internationally recognized security certification such as ISO 27001 is an added advantage. Tenderers should state clearly the scope of its certification (ref. Part 2, Requirement Specifications, clause 10.30).
7. Is the government Cyber Watch Centre (CWC) service mandatory?
Ans: Yes, it is mandatory. The Contractor shall work closely with the vendor of CWC, including the detailed set up and connection requirements to CWC, so as to provide an overall cost effective package in offering the CWC services to the Customer (ref. Part 2, Requirement Specifications, clauses 10.27 to 10.29).
8. Is there any minimum amount of compute and storage resources to be made available for this tender and what is the peak load to cater for?
Ans: The tenderers shall state the minimum amount of compute and storage resources to be made available for this tender and what additional resources can be quickly allocated to scale up and cater for handling of peaks in usage (ref. Part 2, Requirement Specifications, clause 3.1.2).
9. Are there any specific requirements with regard to quoting of Virtual Machines configuration?
Ans: To assure adequate processing power of the defined Virtual Machines, the tenderer shall ensure that each virtual processor core is dedicated to at least one physical processor core (ref. Part 2, Requirement Specifications, clause 3.2.2).
10. What are the various network connectivity options to be made available for Customers to access cloud services?
Ans: The tenderer shall quote for the following network connectivity options:
- Shared Internet Connectivity
- Dedicated Internet Connectivity
- Dedicated Leased Lines
The tenderer shall quote for Bandwidth Services in megabytes (MB) per month with tiered-pricing and also specify the network technologies used. The provisions shall be network carrier-neutral from telecommunication companies in Singapore as required by the Customer (ref. Part 2, Requirement Specifications, clause 3.4).
11. What are the requirements for provision of Storage Backup Services?
Ans: The tenderer shall elaborate on any specific Storage Backup solutions in terms of the guaranteed recovery time and SLAs associated with this service including full details of the backup and recovery strategy (ref. Part 2, Requirement Specifications, clauses 3.5.9 & 3.5.10).
12. What are expected of the current Contractor to manage transition to a new contractor?
Ans: The transition management requirement from current Contractor to a new contractor is detailed in clause 9 of Part 2 of the Requirement Specifications. The Contractor shall remain fully responsible and accountable for ensuring the smooth operations of all required Cloud Services stipulated in the current contract, throughout the transition process.
13. Where can I direct other queries I have regarding this bulk tender?